Saturday, May 21, 2016

Brie's Pollinator Garden: Getting Ready!

Welcome back to my blog! Sorry I haven't posted in so long. But the day for building my garden is only a day away and I got some of my plants for the garden. Today I'm going to talk about some of the preparations for my garden.

                             Some of my plants the I received are at my home, and others are at my local parks department where they are keeping it in storage. I also have some deer fence and other deer fence supplies at my home. I was actually able to get some of my deer fence supplies and my plants donated, which was very helpful for me! I have 7.5 ft x 100 ft fence, since my garden is a 10 ft x 20 ft garden.

                            When I received my plants, I made a small diagram of my garden, so I know where I want each plant to go and how any "plugs" will but there. I separated each type of plant by if it was a dry plant, and wet plant, or a plant for both. Since I'm putting my garden in swale, some of the plants will be in the swale itself and others will be outside of the swale.

                          Hope you enjoyed this post, and I will hopefully have a blog post up about how the planting of the garden went!



Some of the plants for my garden!

No comments:

Post a Comment